Our students graduate with a strong commitment to their new professions. Many also retain close ties to the department in order to forge professional relationships, continue their education, and reconnect to college life. NC State engineering degrees helped our alums find employment, but not just for themselves. They also hire our graduates and provide opportunities that expose our students to the profession.
We have many alumni whose children, and children’s children, come to NC State, knowing that we provide one of the best educations available. We do a good job preparing students for the workplace, and our alums are the proof. Our distinguished engineering alumni recipients are proof positive!
We are grateful to MSE alumni who continue this beneficial cycle of academic and professional success. We try to keep up with their news (e.g., career accomplishments, awards, recognition, marriage, births, retirement) so we can share it in future issues of our newsletter and on the website.
Alumni News, Info and Happenings
Want to help MSE?
Providing support enhances our department and student activities.
- How to Donate
Explore ways to help our department make a material difference in the world.
- Materials Science and Engineering Enhancement Fund
These funds change the lives of our students forever.
MSE Hall of Fame
Alumni Hall of Fame inductees are agents and ambassadors who have made groundbreaking contributions in materials science practice and beyond.
See our most recent MSE Hall of Fame Inductees.
Nominate Someone to the Hall of Fame
We need your help to identify our most outstanding MSE graduates. Email us your nominations. Nominees should have demonstrated professional, entrepreneurial and/or service achievements in their selected careers. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Recognized by technical organizations at a high level (e.g., ASM Fellow)
- Significant number of influential technical publications or patents
- Successful faculty member at a university
- Recognized by a national community organization for their impact
- Participated at a leadership level in a nationally-recognized community service organization (e.g., United Way, Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity)
- Founded a successful business or served at the senior management level in a large corporation
Let us know what you’re doing!
We invite you to email us to tell us what you have been doing and update your address and other information. Also, please let us know if you’d like us to share what you’ve been doing on the website.
Keep in touch with the department and fellow graduates!