University Faculty Scholar
- Engineering Building I (EB1) 3028B
- Visit My Website
Yaroslava G. Yingling is Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at North Carolina State University. She received her University Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering from St. Petersburg State Technical University of Russia and her PhD in Materials Engineering and High Performance Computing from the Pennsylvania State University in 2002. She carried out postdoctoral research at Penn State University Chemistry Department and at the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute prior to joining North Carolina State University in 2007. She serves as a Editor-in-Chief for AIMS Materials Science journal, as an Associate Editor at RNA and DNA Nanotechnology and on the Editorial Advisory Boards of ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering. She received the National Science Foundation CAREER award, American Chemical Society Open Eye Young Investigator Award and was named a NCState University Faculty Scholar.
Materials Engineering and High Performance Computing Applications
Pennsylvania State University
Computer Science and Engineering
St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, Russia
Research interests in Prof. Yingling’s group are focused on the development of advanced computational models and novel algorithms for multiscale molecular modeling of soft and biological materials and aim to provide a fundamental understanding of the structure-property relations of a variety of soft materials systems that are formed through the process of self-assembly. Specifically, Dr. Yingling's research interests include multiscale molecular modeling and computer simulations of soft materials: polymers, biomolecules, nanoparticles, organic-inorganic composites; design and properties of nanomaterials; inorganic-organic interfaces and surfaces; biomolecular 3D structure prediction; effect of solvents and additives on materials properties; interactions between nanoparticles and bio and polymeric materials.
Honors and Awards
- University Faculty Scholar, North Carolina State University, 2014
- OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award from the ACS Computers in Chemistry (COMP) Division, 2012
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2012
- NIH National Cancer Institute Center for Cancer Research exceptional stipend, 2007
- Best Ph.D. Thesis Award from the Materials Research Institute at Pennsylvania State University, 2003
- Best Ph.D. Thesis Award from the Materials Research Institute at Pennsylvania State University, 2002
- Best Ph.D. Thesis Award from the Materials Research Institute at Pennsylvania State University, 2001
- Interfacial stability of graphene-based surfaces in water and organic solvents
- Kim, H., Oweida, T. J., & Yingling, Y. G. (2018), Journal of Materials Science, 53(8), 5766-5776.
- Template-guided assembly of silk fibroin on cellulose nanofibers for robust nanostructures with ultrafast water transport
- Xiong, R., Kim, H. S., Zhang, S. D., Kim, S., Korolovych, V. F., Ma, R. L., Yingling, Y. G., Lu, C. H., & Tsukruk, V. V. (2017), ACS Nano, 11(12), 12008-12019.
- Salt responsive morphologies of ssDNA-based triblock polyelectrolytes in semi-dilute regime: Effect of volume fractions and polyelectrolyte length
- Li, N. K., Kuang, H., Fuss, W. H., Zauscher, S., Kokkoli, E., & Yingling, Y. G. (2017), Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 38(20).
- Effect of graphene oxidation rate on adsorption of poly-thymine single stranded DNA
- Kim, H. S., Farmer, B. L., & Yingling, Y. G. (2017), Advanced Materials Interfaces, 4(8).
- Interfacial mechanical properties of graphene on self-assembled monolayers: Experiments and simulations
- Tu, Q., Kim, H. S., Oweida, T. J., Parlak, Z., Yingling, Y. G., & Zauscher, S. (2017), ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9(11), 10203-10213.
- Advances in molecular modeling of nanoparticle nucleic acid interfaces
- Nash, J. A., Kwansa, A. L., Peerless, J. S., Kim, H. S., & Yingling, Y. G. (2017), Bioconjugate Chemistry, 28(1), 3-10.
- Sequence dependent interaction of single stranded DNA with graphitic flakes: Atomis molecular dynamics simulations
- Kim, H. S., Huang, S. M., & Yingling, Y. C. (2016), MRS Advances, 1(25), 1883-1889.
- Binding of single stranded nucleic acids to cationic ligand functionalized gold nanoparticles
- Nash, J. A., Tucker, T. L., Therriault, W., & Yingling, Y. G. (2016), Biointerphases, 11(4).
- Fluorescence blinking as an output signal for biosensing
- Roark, B., Tan, J. A., Ivanina, A., Chandler, M., Castaneda, J., Kim, H. S., Jawahar, S., Viard, M., Talic, S., Wustholz, K. L., Yingling, Y. G., Jones, M., & Afonin, K. A. (2016), ACS Sensors, 1(11), 1295-1300.
- Silk fibroin-substrate interactions at heterogeneous nanocomposite interfaces
- Grant, A. M., Kim, H. S., Dupnock, T. L., Hu, K., Yingling, Y. G., & Tsukruk, V. V. (2016), Advanced Functional Materials, 26(35), 6380-6392.
- EMN-17-S-S-04 Correlating cellulose ester films composition and birefringence
- Eastman Chemical Company(9/01/17 - 10/02/18)
- Collaborative Research: Design Principles for Multi-functional Polymer Dispersion Blends
- National Science Foundation (NSF)(8/01/17 - 7/31/20)
- Composite Packed-Bed Nanofiltration for High-throughput Desalination
- NCSU Water Resources Research Institute(9/01/16 - 8/31/17)
- EMN-14-S-S-05 Modeling of Diffusion of Additive Compounds in Rubber
- Eastman Chemical Company(11/30/-1 - 10/31/17)
- Wetting of Patterned Silicon Surfaces
- Eastman Chemical Company(1/01/14 - 8/01/14)
- Center For Lignocellulose Structure and Formation
- US Dept. of Energy (DOE)(8/01/14 - 7/31/18)
- Confinement, Dynamics, and Orientation of DNA at Nano-interfaces
- National Science Foundation (NSF)(7/01/14 - 6/30/18)
- Collaborative Research: Supramolecular Materials by Nucleic Acid Block Copolymer Self-Assembly
- National Science Foundation (NSF)(7/15/14 - 6/30/18)
- Modeling Lipase Variants
- Eastman Chemical Company(11/01/13 - 12/01/15)
- RFP-5: Modeling Properties of Plasticizers
- Eastman Chemical Company(6/01/13 - 12/31/16)